HIV/AIDS - 4 hour
This HIV/Aids training will fulfill the Washington State Department of Licensing requirements for all health related professions under the disciplinary authority of the Uniform Disciplinary Act (RCW 18.130). The 4 hour program covers Etiology and Epidemiology of HIV, transmission and infection control, psychological, legal and ethical issues. The book is included in the cost of the class - read before coming to class. This is a 4 hour class but 3 hours will be prep time at home and 1 hour in class with the instructor for lecture and exam. You will need to come by the office to receive a copy of the book. Student must have access to the book during class. A certificate will be issued upon passing.
HIV/AIDS training is required for initial licensure, or reinstatement of a license that has been expired for three (3) years or more.
Listed are a few of the most common health professions requiring this training:
- Adult Family Homes Resident Manager/Provider-7 hours
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner-7 hours
- Chiropractor/Chiropractic X-Ray Technician-7 hours
- Counselor-4 hours
- Dentist/Dental Hygienist-7 hours
- Healthcare Assistant-7 hours
- LPN-7 hours
- Marriage/ Family Therapist-4 hours
- Massage Therapist-4 hours
- Mental Health Counselor-4 hours
- Midwife-7 hours
- Naturopathic Physician- 7 hours
- Nursing Assistant (NAC)-7 hours
- Pharmacy Tech.- 4 hours
- Physical Therapists-7 hours
- Psychologist-7 hours
- Registered Nurse-7 hours
- Respiratory Therapist-7 hours
- Social Worker-4 hours
- X-Ray Technician-7 hours
Please contact the Department of Licensing at (360) 236-4700 with specific questions about hourly requirements for your profession.
Cost: $80.00 Important- You must read your book before coming to class. The book is included in the cost of the course.
In Class Length: 1 hour