Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)-Accelerated course
This course meets the Washington State Department of Health requirements for EMT certification. Course duration is approximately 3 months, which is roughly186 hours (varies depending on observed holidays), making it a fast paced accelerated course. The course will meet in the classroom 3 days a week for 5 hours a day which will include lecture, skills lab. The Emergency Medical Technician course is the entry level to begin a career in the field of Emergency Medical Services. This program follows the current Department of Transportation (DOT) curriculum. Our program trains EMTs to work in the prehospital emergency medical environment. For students in other allied health careers, the EMT training provides valuable assessment and treatment skills for emergencies in the prehospital setting.
Pre-requisites: #1 and #2 must be turned at the time of registration.
- Copy of a medical level CPR card such as: American Heart Association BLS, Emergency Care and Safety Institute for Healthcare Providers, Red Cross BLS for Healthcare Providers, or a CPR course for Professional Rescuers
- Negative Tuberculosis (TB) skin test or clear chest X-ray (cannot be older than 6 months from the last day of class)
- Must be age 18 or older by the end of the class
- Must provide a copy of High School diploma or GED when registering for this course
- Washington State background check (www.wsp.wa.gov) NWRTC can do this for a fee
- Immunization records for MMR and Hepatitis B or a waiver
Tuition: $1,300.00 (Non-refundable $100 registration fee due at the time of registration.)
- Option 1 tuition payment: If paid in full prior to class start date the cost is the $100.00 non-refundable registration fee plus $1,200.00 class tuition for a total of $1,300.00.
- Option 2 tuition payment: Split into two payments. The first payment is the $100.00 non-refundable registration fee plus $650.00 class tuition fee paid prior to first day of class. The second payment due 3 weeks after class start date is $600.00 for a total of $1,350.00.
Registration for Winter term opens Monday, December 3rd, 2018 at 9am. Please come in to NWRTC to register. If you are unable to come in please call 360-397-2100 for registration details.
Mandatory Orientation and Class Days and times:
- Class days are Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 8am-1pm.
- Mandatory Orientation is Thursday, December 13th, 2018 from 5:30pm-7:30pm
- First day of class is Monday, January 7th, 2019. All day final practical is Saturday, March 16th, 2018. Last day of class is Monday, March 18th, 2018.
Textbook & Uniform:
Textbooks are NOT included in the price of tuition. Please call NWRTC at 360-397-2100 for price of book.
Students are required to wear a uniform in class which consists of black "Docker" style pants or cargo pants, and a pair of sturdy black shoes or boots. In addition, students will need to purchase a NWRTC EMS t-shirt to wear to complete the uniform.
National Registry Exam and State of Washington Certification:
Once the student passes the course they are eligible to take the National Registry EMT exam. After passing the National Registry Exam and the student is affiliated with an EMS Agency, they can apply for Washington EMT Certification.