Online Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)-Accelerated course
This course meets the Washington State Department of Health requirements for EMT certification. Course duration is approximately 3 months, which is roughly186 hours (varies depending on observed holidays), making it a fast paced accelerated course. The course content will be online with recorded lectures and skills demonstration videos, discussion board, Q&A, testing through Platinum Med and a textbook to go along with recorded lectures. There will be in person skills training on Monday and Wednesday evenings. The Emergency Medical Technician course is the entry level to begin a career in the field of Emergency Medical Services. This program follows the current Department of Transportation (DOT) curriculum. Our program trains EMTs to work in the prehospital emergency medical environment. For students in other allied health careers, the EMT training provides valuable assessment and treatment skills for emergencies in the prehospital setting.
Pre-requisites: Due no later than Friday, June 19th by 5 p.m. Students encouraged to get these turned in asap
- Copy of a medical level CPR card such as: American Heart Association BLS, Emergency Care and Safety Institute for Healthcare Providers, Red Cross BLS for Healthcare Providers, or a CPR course for Professional Rescuers.
- Must be age 18 or older by the end of the class
- Must provide a copy of High School diploma or GED
- Washington State background check (www.wsp.wa.gov) NWRTC can do this for a fee
- Immunization records for MMR and Hepatitis B or a waiver
Failure to turn in pre-requisites by Friday, June 19th, 2020 will mean disqualification from taking the EMT online course
Tuition: $1,600.00 (Non-refundable $100 registration fee due at the time of registration.)
- Option 1 tuition payment: If paid in full prior to class start date the cost is the $100.00 non-refundable registration fee plus $1,500.00 class tuition for a total of $1,600.00.
- Option 2 tuition payment: Split into two payments. The first payment is the $100.00 non-refundable registration fee plus $850.00 class tuition fee paid prior to first day of class. The second payment due 3 weeks after class start date is $700.00 for a total of $1,650.00.
Online Orientation and Class Days and times:
- Class days are all online with the first day of the term beginning Monday, June 22nd, 2020.
- Skills labs will be on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 1700-2200, beginning Monday, June 29th, 2020. Depending on student enrollment, the skills labs may be just one of the days or both. (Please note: due to COVID-19 there will be extreme safety measures in place that need to be adhered to at all times. Students will be provided and expected to wear while on the premises: N95 masks, gloves and when appropriate gowns, goggles or face shields. Instructors will adhere to the same PPE.)
- All day final practical is Saturday, August 29th, 2020 from 8am to 5pm. Final written is Monday, August 31, 2020.
Textbook & Uniform:
Textbooks are NOT included in the price of tuition. Please call NWRTC at 564-397-2100 for price of book.
Students will need to purchase a NWRTC EMS t-shirt to wear to skills labs and to final practical.
National Registry Exam and State of Washington Certification:
Once the student passes the course they are eligible to take the National Registry EMT exam. After passing the National Registry Exam and the student is affiliated with an EMS Agency, they can apply for Washington EMT Certification.